Easter Paleo “Reeces” Eggs!
Ask Sophie, and she’ll tell you how much I love almond butter! (I’m slightly obsessed and need to contain myself!) Jackson could definitely eat these, but he won’t try them, and Sophie stays as far away from nut butters (by choice) as possible, so looks like these are all mine!!
I’ve been making The Detoxinista’s Creamy Almond Butter Freezer Fudge (http://detoxinista.com/2012/03/creamy-almond-butter-freezer-fudge/) for years, and figured I could tweak the recipe to make a Paleo Easter treat😋.
Ingredients you’ll need (makes about 18 eggs–depending on size):
- In a medium bowl, mix together the nut butter, coconut flour, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Using your hands, form the dough mixture into egg-like shapes.
- Place on a baking sheet (with either a liner or waxed paper) and put in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
- When the eggs are close to being frozen, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil over low heat.
- Remove Reece’s eggs from freezer and dip them in the chocolate mixture.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off, and return the chocolate-covered eggs to the tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place eggs in the refrigerator to set, and they’re ready to go!
These eggs keep in the refrigerator or freezer for weeks, maybe even months?!…if they last that long!
Let me know if you try making these!
Have a happy, healthy Easter!!