Easy Homemade Bone Broth
I make bone broth at least once a week. It’s super easy, and cooks itself once you get it going. Watch the video below first, and follow the simple steps! I use it as bases for soups, and drink it warmed up straight from the glass.
Thank you to Cognitune Smarter Health for featuring this blog post on their all-encompassing Article about Bone Broth.
**When I make it for our dogs, I leave out the onion.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Add 2 packages organic chicken drumsticks (about 10 drumsticks total), 1 piece of Sea Vegetable (*optional), 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 tsp salt and let boil for 20 minutes
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and add in 1 whole onion, 3 celery stalks, 3 carrots, another pinch of salt, any herbs
- Let simmer 4-6 hours
- The salt amount with make or break the deliciousness of the broth, so stir and taste and add more salt to taste
- With tongs, remove the chicken and veggies from the pot and strain the bone broth into large mason jars
- I shred the chicken off the bone to use for another meal: soup, enchiladas, tacos, etc
**I used to get my Sea Vegetable from Whole Foods, but haven’t seen it there lately, so I get it from Amazon. This pack will last me the whole year! https://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-Certified-Vegetables-Harvested-VitaminSea/dp/B018JJTYRI/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1473282524&sr=8-3&keywords=Kombu+sea+vegetable