Thanksgiving Cranberry-Orange Relish
Step aside canned-jellied cranberry sauce, this recipe will not disappoint! I’m talking so amazing, it’s a MUST ADD to your Thanksgiving menu! I love it so much, I buy cranberries in season and freeze them to make this other times of the year. Enjoy!
1 cup walnuts, toasted
1 package (8oz) whole cranberries
2 apples, any kind is fine, though green & tart is delish!
4-6 mandarin oranges, unpeeled)
1/4 to 3/4 cup sugar, depending on your desired sweetness
- Toast walnuts at 275 degrees for 10 minutes
- Wash all fruit, take off the stems of the oranges
- Cut apples and oranges into fourths (and de-seed)
- In a Cuisinart-type food processor (Vitamix will probably work too)
- Combine 1/3 of the cranberries, walnuts, apples, oranges and sugar in the food processor until chopped finely, then add the next 1/3 of ingredients and process, and finally, the last 1/3 of ingredients.
Know Better, Do Better,